E-RYT200, RYT500, LMT, Ayurvedic Lifestyle Counselor
- 700 hours Massage Therapy and Connective Bodywork at Pacific Center for Awareness & Bodywork
- 600 hours Massage Teaching Apprenticeship at Pacific Center for Awareness & Bodywork
- 221 hours Forrest Yoga Teacher Training with Ana Forrest
- 300 hours Prana Flow Yoga Teacher Training at Exhale Venice with Shiva Rea
- 250 hours Yoga Therapy Training at Integrative Yoga Therapy
- 50 hours Shirodhara Therapy at Sacred Stone
- 300 hours Ayurvedic Lifestyle Counselor Institute of Vedic Studies
- 76 hours Panchakarma Theory and Practicum at Ayurvedic Institute
- 18 hours Anatomy Trains at Sarasota School of Massage
Owner/Director of Mountain Meadow Massage School Owner of Blue Lotus Healing Arts Center & Day Spa
E-RYT 200, RYT500 Registered Yoga Teacher with more than 2000 hours teaching experience, with Yoga Alliance Practicing Massage Therapist since 1999 I am currently licensed in the state of New Mexico (LMT 5538, RMTI S-0392) as both a Therapist and a Massage Instructor.
Dr. Ali Kane
Occassional Guest Teacher at Destination Within
Dr. Ali Kane has studied and practiced yoga and meditation for eighteen years. She has been teaching for sixteen years in a wide variety of settings, including spiritual retreat centers, hospitals, gyms, festivals, yoga studios and more. She has been a Certified Massage Therapist for eleven years, a Reiki Master for fifteen and a holistic psychotherapist for thirteen.
She received her Bachelor’s Degree in Comparative Mysticism with a focus on Eastern Philosophy and Religion from New College of Florida. She holds two Masters Degrees: one in Counselor Education from the University of Florida and one in Clinical Psychology from the California Institute for Integral Studies. She holds a Doctorate of Clinic Psychology from the California Institute for Integral Studies. (Feel free to explore Ali’s Mindfulness-Based Psychotherapy webpage at dralikane.com).
She is also a sound healer and musician (alimayamusic.com) and has traveled extensively internationally, studying the healing and expressive arts.
Ali believes our most powerful offering to others is our open-hearted presence, regardless of which healing or expressive modality we express this through. Her work is geared towards compassionately transforming the blockages to this presence so that we may facilitate the blossoming of the hearts of others.
10 years of training as a somatic-transpersonal psychotherapist
3 years of training as a dance-movement therapist
700 hours Massage Therapy and Connective Bodywork at Pacific Center for Awareness & Bodywork
300 hours Massage Therapy at the Heartwood Institute
3 months of Yoga and Meditation Teacher Training
100 hours at the Shiatsu School of Toronto
200 hours training as a Reiki Master
30 hours Pilates teacher training